Friday, February 08, 2008

UFC 83 Montreal : RUSH

An historical night in Canadian Ultimate Fighting history will occur in my hometown Montreal on April 19th. Our boy Georges St-Pierre GSP will fight to get back his UFC welterweight title.

Back in September when I was in Montreal, he was sitting next to me @ the Habs game at Bell Centre, on April 19th he'll be fighting in front of 21,000 home fans for the world title in that same building. Gives me Goosebumps just thinking about the fight ... I so want to be there, but I'll already be in Montreal @ the end of March, can't pull 2 roundtrips in less than a month.

"Tickets for UFC 83: Serra vs. St. Pierre 2 are sold out the promotion today announced. UFC 83, which will be Canada’s first-ever UFC event, now ranks as the fastest sellout in UFC history.
More than 21,000 fans will pack The Bell Centre on April 19th for the event which is headlined by a welterweight title clash between Canadian Georges St. Pierre and welterweight title-holder Matt Serra."


No comments: