Monday, April 02, 2007

Paris, France

Aight, here it goes. Last Monday, my buddy Alex wrote me on msn, that IBM was looking for java developers in Paris for next Monday, joking I said "I'm in". The next day, I had a phone call from Phil, a guy working for Acti, a company that specializes in sending expatriates from Montreal to France and England. That means I get to work in France while not paying taxes in Canada nor in France.

I had one day to make the move. On one side I had to leave a great job at Oracle, with the best group of people you can find to work with, great conditions and a great project. I had to decide to leave far away from my family and friends, from Marie-Claude, from the best sport club in the world, from a great apartment. But there was no way I was going to let that stop me from the adventure of moving to another continent, to face new personal and professional challenges. From the time I got the official phone call from Phil, I had 36 hours to give my final decision. That was a hell of a 36 hours. But here I am now, moving to Paris in 12 days .... for a 12 month renewable contract. Hope you can come to the old continent to visit!

For you Parisians reading this I'll be looking for an apartment in Paris, preferably furnished.
For people in Montreal, I haven't officially subleased my apartment, fully furnished, so you might still have a shot.

My goodbye party should be on Friday April 13th so keep this free in your agenda.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Salut J-p!

Moi , Cindy et Coco ont va aller te visiter!!!

Sabou

Sphere said...

Go for it and enjoy every moments !!

Je vais essayé d'y aller avec la famille :)

En passant ... c'est Jeudi le 12 ou Vendredi le 13 Avril :P

jipp said...

Sabou nice, mais la tu viens de te comprometre en sale, j'ai une preuve ecrite que tu viens a Paris.

Gabby, merci pour avoir parlé du fuck up de date, ca j'ai réussi a faire changer mon vol pour le 15 au lieu du 14 grace a toi.

Cheers.
JiPpy

Etienne said...

I'm in! héhéhéhéhé

pour le 13 je vais y être c'est sûr! et pour Paris tu peux être sûr que c'est pas l'envie qui manque! I'll eventually show up!

Ti-Ben said...

Hé man ! Too Great !
Bienvenue parmi les expatriés ! ;)
Je suis sur Paris le we du 13-15 avril! Tu y arrive quand et ou ?
Je demeure a 4 heures de Paris jusqu'en septembre, pres de Strasbourg! Tu dois venir en Alsace y too !!!

Great job JP! Wish you great things and luck !

Ben

Anonymous said...

So we'll see you soon "sur la cote". Congrats et a bientot!

K-ribou

jipp said...

Ti-Ben, j'arrive le 16 au matin a Paris, j'apporte mes baggages a l'Hotel et ensuite je vais au boulot!
On se reprendra mecton!

Anonymous said...

I've got a bank account to where you can wire some money, if you, understandably enough, feel that it's not right not paying any taxes... :-)

/Danish