Thursday, May 03, 2007

Rue Quincampoix dans le 3iemes a Paris

This week, I moved-in my 23 m2 sur la rue Quincampoix(picture above), name you can remember from the movie, le Fabuleux Destin d'Amelie Poulin. If you take a Paris map and point straight in the center, Im right there. 5 minute walk from le Louvre and Notre-Dame. The apartment itself is a bit rustic. I feel like I was back in the 1800's when I have to climb all the way to the 6th floor or touching the ceiling when I shower and a few other inconvenients... No complaints though, it's cheap, got a bunch of friends living in a 5 minute radius and I am 20 minutes away from work and about anywhere in Paris.

Last week-end was spent going out, moving Ghyslain with 15 other Quebecois while drinking lots of beer. The bunch of expatriates from Quebec here are pretty tight, its quite cool.

On the negative side, I had to deal with the freaking French complexity to do about anything. You can't freaking take a dump here without your official visa, bank card and passport. Other than that stupid bureaucracy bullshit, Paris is a great city. I'm leaving tomorrow for a little party week-end in London.

€€€

1 comment:

Sphere said...

fiable comme emplacement ca jipp, malgré le fait que tu touche au plafond hahaha

pour la bureaucratie, compte-toi chanceux de pas etre au mexique :P

have fun in london lucky bastard