Saturday, March 17, 2007

Mexico 007

Link to Album Mexico 007
This journey's starting point was just a nightmare. Big storm was pounding on the North East, my flight left 4 hours late for Chicago and I missed my connection to LA. Freaking American Airlines where just a bitch. In Montreal they gave me a reservation for a new route through San Jose Los Cabos(international airport beside Baja California) in case I didn't make it to my LA connection but the suckers didn't take care of rerouting my luggage's and give me a new boarding pass when I got to Chicago. Result: slept for 1hour on an army bed in the secured zone @ the airport and wake up @ 4am to get out of the zone, reroute my luggage's and get a new boarding pass before clearing customs again. I finally got to Mazatlan Mexico 12 hours late. Screw AA, never fly with them.

Although it didn't start quite right, the rest of the trip deserves 5 stars. Simon picked me up @ the airport with Mc, we went to the house, the McCrory's have an amazing setup out there. Diane cooked us some very good wally that were caught in Cosala and we went for a beer at Joe's with Simon with an exclusive Mexican crowd. The following 2 days were spent, on the beach, surfing @ Bruja, visiting el Centro de Mazatlan and driving around town with the newly rented Wrangler Jeep.

On Tuesday, Mc's birthday, we left along highway 13 for a great open air drive south towards the coastal village of San Blas. There we got a beautiful hotel room on sea side and the only other traveller staying there was a guy from Ottawa that runs a Bar in Puerto Vallarta. We went for a ride on the beach and got stuck in the sand. The 4X4 wasn't working very well so we needed a few locals to push this heavy peace of shit out of the sand, it was quite allot fun. Mc tried offering a few pesos to the locals but they didn't want to take it :) The following morning we went to do the highlight of that little town which is to have a boat ride on La Tobara where you can see a few crocodiles, birds, lizards, turtles...

We left that same afternoon because there were too much sand flies and we were bitten like crazy. We drove another hour south on the coast on a beautiful road to get to Sayulita, a little surf town 15 minutes away from PV where we staid for 2 nights. There I rented a long board for a few hours and caught some small waves.

Then we headed back to Mazatlan for a 6 hour drive in the sun which helped to catch a few sunburns. On Saturday I went surfing again but the wave was breaking flat @ bruja so I looked around for another spot and had a hell of a jeep ride in the Nuevo Mazatlan road. I found a spot but I saw a few fins at large which was a little creapy. Later Tom said they were probably just Sting Rays swimming sideways. On Sunday we went on a catamaran to visit the Island and have a walk on top of the mountain where we got beautiful sights of the city and the ocean.

So it was a great little escapade, great food, great beaches, good company and great hosting by the McCrory family. Then was time to head down to Vancouver to see the Sabourin's which will be covered in my following post.

2 comments:

Sphere said...

Hey jipp ! ben content que tu te sois amusé. J'espère que tu reviendras nous voir.

Anytime !

jipp said...

For sure, thanks alot for the house man, c'etait debile. You Rock!