Saturday, October 11, 2008

Stockholm NHL Hockey Premiere

Stockholm hockey Premiere

October 4th and 5th, the Pittsburgh Penguins were playing the Ottawa Senators for NHL season opener in Stockholm Sweden. Living in France, hockey is definitely one of those things that makes you miss home, so I was not going to miss the opportunity to visit Stockholm and to meet-up with my best childhood buddy Dany Sabourin who plays for Pittsburgh. Last time we saw was last month at my cottage in Val d'Or where we had the best fishing I had in years and we found it pretty cool to say "hey mate, see you in Stockholm!" for pics of the fishing results, follow this link

3 weeks ago Sabou confirmed he had 4 tickets for me for both game and we(J, Milot, TBo) booked flights + 2 rooms at Sheraton where the Pens were sleeping.

Highlights:
- Stockholm is an incredible city, its beautiful, people or so so cool, kind and helpful(after an hour of hard work I was able to recover my bran new 800Euros SLR camera that I had forgotten in a cab:)
- 2 great hockey games with the best seats in the arena just a few meters from Mario Lemieux
- seeing Sabou and being able to spend some time with him in Stockholm
- partying up in a private party with the players and pounding 6 bottles of Pommery
- Falling face to face with Mario Lemieux and the players all week-end and having a chat with Lemieux after a morning coffee.
- Travelling there from Paris with some of my best buddies

Ah man, hard to be back in Paris and go to work ..... thanks Bou for the ticks

No comments: