Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Volatility / Opportunity

Friday, I started looking on buying back back my stocks that had the hardest beat up but didn't get a chance to buy them before the bell. Nortel at 1,25$ and Bombardier at 3,50$ (which I sold at 6$ a few weeks back) looked pretty attractive and 2 indexes from ishares iShares CDN S&P/TSX Energy Sector Index and (poundered 60 % down in the bear run last month) and the iShares CDN S&P/TSX 60 Index Fund.

When learning about the 1700 Billion bailout plan from the Euro Zone I was really pissed I didn't step in on Friday but still tought there would be some opportunity on tuesday morning when TSX opens up after 3 days of non trading, but I was left a little perplex when I saw the bids before the opening. I guess I'll wait a little for the speculation craziness to settle down before I get in. These days I just wish I could trade all day. I want to get in the energy iShare index before the end of the day if it falls bellow 15.

No comments: